A remote wireless garage door opener, while much more convenient than lifting and lowering a door manually, is not always totally secure. Most homeowners can tell stories about garage doors that mysteriously open or close. In addition, remotes can malfunction, and are sometimes lost or stolen.
To open a garage door for any other reason — including yard work or to gain access to bikes and sporting gear — the usual way is from inside the house.
Benefits of a Digital Wireless Keypad
Even though a keyed door is the standard way for people to enter a home and to welcome neighbors and guests, there are times when it’s both unnecessary and inconvenient to have to go through the house. Here are 5 top reasons to install a keypad at the garage:
- A Logical Backup: Even if you routinely use your wireless remote, a keypad is a secure backup! With the ability to change the pincode at will, you might even consider using it to allow one-time access to your garage and/or home by a trusted repair service or for more secure package delivery.
- Go “Key-Free:” If you have children with bikes and toys that “live” in the garage, or if older children come and go on a variable schedule, your family can be “key-free,” but you won’t have to worry about scheduling and access. Also, allow temporary access to visiting relatives, trusted neighbors and overnight guests.
- An antidote for Forgetfulness: Let’s face it; we all forget keys: car key, house key or office key. Children forget their lunches, sports uniforms and school assignments. And families leave without turning off the television, or neglect to leave food or water for the dog. Having a garage keypad allows you to call a friend or neighbor and allow entry to your home to remedy such minor “crises.”
- Boost Home Security: Modern keypads can be integrated with your home’s security system to extend the value of monitored home security. They are cost-effective and easy to install, but they offer an additional layer of protection.
- Detached Garages and Outbuildings: Keypads are the preferred garage door openers for remote garages and storage sheds. It’s not only automobiles that are stored behind garage doors. Think about those riding lawnmowers, golf carts, scooters, snowblowers, gardening equipment and or large tools.
The Overhead Door digital wireless keypad has a large, lighted keypad and a simple cover, making it easy to operate in all weather and by all ages. Garage door keypad installation is extremely fast and easy. The keypad, available in four colors, requires only a single 9-volt battery, and has a built-in low-battery indicator. One keypad will control up to three garage doors. Visit Overhead Door Company of Oklahoma City to purchase your keypad, or to ask about other options for your garage door.