Residential and Commercial Installer
Overhead Door Company is the industry leader in garage door installation, automatic garage door openers, service and repairs is seeking experienced residential and commercial garage door installers.
The garage door installer is responsible for multiple tasks involving the take down of used residential and commercial doors and / or equipment, installation of new residential and commercial doors, operators, equipment and multiple service categories on doors, operators and associated equipment.
*Other duties may be assigned Residential and Commercial Garage Door Installer
- Prior to commencement of work, determine if appropriate tools and equipment are working and / or available.
- Documentation of the work to be performed is discussed with the Salesperson and/or Scheduling Supervisor for approval.
- Service and/or install Overhead Door Corp. residential and commercial garage doors using appropriate tools, hardware and equipment.
- Service and/or install Overhead Door Corp. and other manufactured residential and commercial garage door operators.
- Perform service/installation on a wide range of products, including hinges, operators, door sections, rolling steel, torsion springs, dock equipment, locks, etc.
- Care and maintenance of equipment and tools provided by Overhead Door of Oklahoma City
- Care and maintenance of vehicles provided by Overhead Door of Oklahoma City
- Maintain appropriate parts inventory in the vehicle to ensure that items are available for service / installation work.
*Secondary Responsibilities of Residential and Commercial Garage Door Installer
- Represent Overhead Door with customers and present themselves in a professional demeanor.
- Provide explanation of the work to be performed and work finished.
- Description of operating functions, safety systems, operator controls and proper customer maintenance are required.
- Provide service that is expedient and well prepared understanding the various types of doors, operators and hardware to be serviced and / or installed.
- Upon completion of each service / installation call, clean work area and discard trash in appropriate containers or deliver such trash to designated drop site as designated by Overhead Door Of Oklahoma City.
- Provide a billing document to the consumer and accept payment as determined by Overhead Door Company of Oklahoma City.
- The back up copies of such information and payment are to be retained in a safe place and delivered to Overhead Door Company of Oklahoma City.
*Qualifications of Residential and Commercial Garage Door Installer
- 1+ years experience servicing/installing residential and commercial overhead doors or in a relevant trade (ie construction, mechanical, electrical, etc)
- Physically able to move items weighing 50-150 lbs bend, climb, reach, kneel, etc.
- Superior resourcefulness, integrity, solid work ethic, ability to work as part of a team
- Good customer service, communication and problem solving skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driver's abstract
- Comfortable with heights (ladders & lifts where applicable)
- Good physical condition and mechanical aptitude
- Must able to pass drug screen
- We are an equal opportunity employer
*Benefits for Residential and Commercial Garage Door Installer
- Company vehicle for lead person
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays (7)
- Health Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance